Are you planning a Rainbow Birthday Party and you need some ideas for a Rainbow Birthday Cake? Well do I ever have some great ideas to share with you! Talk about a birthday theme full of color. It’s a color eXplosion!
Need a new recipe idea for some summer cakes? Along with summer and warmer weather comes getting together with friends. I love to bring the dessert and cakes are one of my favorite thing to make.
When we were planning our Easter celebration, I did some digging around for some new summer cakes to try and I found one that is now a family favorite. It’s a strawberry lemonade layer cake and it’s delicious. I’ve made it twice already! Let me help you in your quest to find a new summer cake to make for your next get together. Here’s a list I’ve rounded up and pinned on my Pinterest dessert board.
10 Summer Cakes to Try
1. Strawberry Lemonade Layer Cake – All you need is a boxed strawberry cake mix, cream cheese, marshmallow cream, packet of Kool-aid lemonade and cool whip. It makes one amazing cake!
2. Mint Chocolate Chip Cake – Hello! Mint chocolate chip and cake? Yes please.
3. Lemon Blackberry Cheesecake – Oh how I love blackberries! This seems like a fairly simple cheesecake recipe.
4. Cream Cheese Poundcake – poundcake and strawberries screams summer to me!
5. Pineapple Upside Down Cake – It’s not summer without one of these. My mom makes one every year and it’s one of our favorite desserts.
7. Lemonade Layer Cake – Another cake with the word lemonade in the title. Perfect! This one sounds pretty darn yummy.
8. Raspberry Lemonade Cake – Sick of the lemonade theme yet? No? Good. Because this one sounds like a must try for sure!
9. White Cake with Lemon Curd Filling – This is from Martha Stewart and is made with her 7 minute frosting.
10. Blueberry Cake – Last but not least on the list, a yummy cake made with blueberries. It has a light lemon icing.
Which one will you try first?
I love that unicorns are coming back. Where did they go? I remember as a child having unicorns all over my room and I just knew they were real. They ARE real right? If you are looking for some unicorn party supplies for your little girl who is crazy about them, this exclusive Enchanted Unicorn Cake Topper from Birthday Express caught my eye.
Top her cake with a pretty pink unicorn that matched her party perfectly. Made of plastic; 5″ long.
If you want the entire party to be filled to the brim with unicorns, consider purchasing this Enchanted Unicorn Ultimate Party Pack. And what unicorn party shouldn’t be filled with them?
Have the Ultimate enchanting party with the unicorns! Includes 8 invitations, thank you notes, dinner plates, dessert plates, cups, forks, spoons, activity placemats, 16 napkins, tablecover, centerpiece, foil balloon, 18 balloons (3 colors), curling ribbon (3 colors), crepe paper rolls (3 colors), confetti, and cake candles. Includes 8 party favor boxes (with the favors). Party pack also contains Enchanted Unicorn Pinata with fillers, giant wall decals, cake topper, 8 Enchanted Unicorn goblets and tattoos, 8 pastel swirl lollipops, 8 roll-on body glitters, and 8 bead bracelet activities.
Phew! That’s a lot of unicorns.